Mummy Mot Assessment
The Mummy Mot is an in-depth postnatal assessment that assesses the strength, activation and function of the abdominal and pelvic floor muscles following childbirth.
Performed by a Specialist Women’s Health Physiotherapist, it is recommended for all women following delivery.
Most women after having had a baby have a weakness in either the tummy or pelvic floor area which creates instability and poor core strength. The result can be altered ability to transfer load leading to back pain, pelvic pain, bladder and bowel weakness. In order to avoid these distressing symptoms, get your tummy gap and pelvic floor tested and then start an optimal postnatal recovery programme.
The Mummy Mot is:
- 1-hour specialised post-natal assessment with a Specialist Post Natal Physiotherapist
- Suitable any time from 6 weeks to 6 years!!
- Checks pelvic floor strength and tummy gap
- Assess any physical problems arising from pregnancy and birth
- Recommends a bespoke post natal recovery programme, looking at posture, breathing and core activation
- Cost £75 for a one hour assessment and £45 for any 30 minute follow ups.
Felicity Nicholson is a Chartered Physiotherapist specialising in women’s health, pregnancy and pelvic floor conditions for the last eight years. Working in the NHS and in private practice, she uses Pilates, acupuncture and manual therapy to help women restore optimal pelvic health after childbirth.
Find us on Facebook: Pelvic Physiotherapy Manchester
Phone to book an appointment: 07835157104
Appointments available at The Old Police Station, 34 Station Road, Urmston, M41 9JQ: Wednesday evenings, Friday and Saturday mornings or home visits.
Email us now for further information or request a Free Call Back
Simply click on the button below and then enter your details on the next page to get a free call back and further information